Sep 1, 2013

My Dry Skin Cure & Tips

No comments:
 
Aloha! How have you been? I've been loving the cool tropical weather in Malaysia recently, but my skin - not so much.

As mentioned in previous posts, I have the dreaded curse of sensitive, dry combination skin, which means parts of my face (forehead, cheeks and chin) can get dry and flaky while other parts (nose area) remains relatively normal. It's been a struggle finding the best skincare products - I've tried countless moisturizers - some of which stung horribly and left a patchy redness, and others were simply absorbed by my skin in seconds.


Check out the dry skin around my forehead and laugh lines - even after slathering on moisturizer!

I guess what I truly needed was a cream/oil-based moisturizer but at the same time I didn't want to end up looking like a greasy mess.

Alas, the condition got worse about a month ago, probably due to round-the-clock air conditioning, a poor diet, stress and what not. I went on a desperate moisturizer hunting spree in KL and as per my colleague's advice, finally decided on the new Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion +.


This 50ml bottle costs RM68 from Sephora, however considering I'd only need to apply a small dab per usage, it is relatively budget-friendly. On websites and reviews, the texture is often described as silky - and on my dry skin I would agree that it feels smooth and silky - not at all thick or greasy. Then again, it's built for Very Dry to Dry Skin, and if you have Normal/Oily skin, you might find it a tad greasy for your liking. 

I also love the subtle scent, not too overpowering for daily use. After applying this lotion for two weeks, I noticed a drastic change in the texture of my skin. The flakes are gone, and the redness has decreased significantly.


 Look! No more flakes!


Another product that has become a staple in my skincare regime is the Mizon Multifunctional All-In-One Snail Repair Cream. I first came across this cream while browsing on Qoo10. Apparently it's the No. 1 Best Selling snail cream in Korea with 92% snail secretion.

If you're hearing about snails and skin care for the first time, don't be alarmed. I know it sounds disgusting at first - that was my exact reaction - but it turns out snail slime is proven to have miraculous skin benefits for healing and repair. The cream also claims to help skin recover, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, trouble spots, pores, provide hydration and soothe skin.

Say no more - I was immediately enticed by the cream (plus it was on offer at RM54.60 excluding shipping!) and placed an order via Qoo10. The cream finally arrived 3 weeks later via Korea Air Mail.






















The flakes & redness - GONE!


The website describes the texture as 'chewy' and 'elastic', which is quite true! It glides on the skin smoothly and is absorbed in seconds, but does not leave skin feeling taut or tight. I love the fact that it also leaves a healthy after-glow and radiance which lasts for a few hours.

I typically use this right out of the shower, followed by the Clinique lotion to seal in moisture. Definitely my best skincare combination thus far! 























For days when I crave something refreshing and cooling - I apply some Bioglo Skin Perfecting Moisturiser with Pure Aloe (Price: approx RM25+ from Cosway). It doesn't do much in terms of moisture, but it definitely soothes the skin and smells absolutely heavenly.


For toner, I use the Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Moisturising Lotion (Price: approx RM35++) - which doesn't need much introduction for it's hydrating properties.


And as for cleanser, the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser does wonders for my sensitive skin. No more tight, 'squeaky clean' skin! It retails for about RM25+ at local drugstores :)


Before I end, here are some skincare tips for dry skin:

  1. Avoid scrubbing your face with a towel. Use gentle dabbing motions and seal in moisture immediately after showering.
  2. Avoid using hot water when cleansing - it strips skin of natural oils. Lukewarm or cold water works best!
  3. Mask up - take three tablespoons of instant oats, soak in half a cup of water and drain. Add honey, mix well and you've got a soothing homemade mask! Leave on for 15-30 minutes and rinse off.
  4. Less is more - Lathering on too many heavy creams may clog pores. Try applying a dab of Vitamin E oil followed by a lightweight moisturizer instead.
What are some of your skincare tips? Share with me!


Well, that's all for today's post! Thanks a million for reading - and I hope this post was helpful in some way for you! Till next time, stay beautiful! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharethis

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff